Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My PLE

What about a personal learning environment? I have to admit that I found quite difficult to understand what this expression refered to, but finally I succeeded in creating my own! And at the end it has not been so complicated as I expected...
I concentrated my reflections on my language PLE and the volleyball one beacuse I think that these are the two areas where I mainly applied in the last 10 years (without considering all the everyday activities that I have obviously been learning since I was born!).
I divided my PLE into three main sections: people, formal learning and media & internet.


PEOPLE:
As for languages, a costant presence have been teachers and schoolmates, sometimes friends, relatives and people met while travelling, and more recently collegues in some working experiences and people contributing to the web.
As for volleyball, I thought first of all about trainers and my teams, and secondly friends who share my passion and adversaries.

FORMAL LEARNING:
As for languages, books and tests of course, courses and conferences at the university, tasks and researches, listening exercises, a theatre experience and some projects at the high school.
As for volleyball, the place of my formal learning is the gym with the trainings and the matches.

MEDIA & INTERNET:
As for languages, radio programmes and songs, tv programmes of foreign countries or dealing with some specific topics, but most of all the Net with its search engines, blogs, wikis, online newspapers, instant messaging, e-mails.
As for volleyball, volleyball matches on tv or some interesting web site or video in the Net.


All considered, although I was a little bit sceptical when Sarah explained this task, it has been a nice reflection on my “learning tools”, I had to thought about how I have learnt up till now and I obviously asked myself how I am going to go on learning because surely there are a lot of things that I still don’t know...

8 comments:

ilaria said...

Dear Ale,
like you, when I read about this week task (producing a mindmap of our PLE) I was a little sceptical but in the end that turned out to be really useful and stimilating; so I share you feelings and ideas about this task.
Bye bye
Ilaria

Alida said...

Dear Ale,
as always I like your post today as well. They are always well organized and simple to read. As far as the PLE is concerned I must admit that you had a wonderful idea when you decided to include volleyball too. I had never thought we could add something that wasn't exactly a "a school subject"! Anyhow I also find very interesting the examples you wrote down.
Finally I agree with your impressions about this task.
hugs,
Ali

avalonne83 said...

Hi Ale,

at the end it seems to me that you came up with two PLE: one for language learning and one for volleyball. WOW!!! I found it difficult to deal with only one of them - Language Learning...

Cheers,
tina

Erica Buzz said...

Dear Alessandra,

I really like the way you've presented your PLE and the way you've divided it. When making my map I found it difficult to divide my PLE because I feel every element is related to the others...

Anyway, my compliments because you've been very clear and concise in explaining it!

Love,
Erica

Elena said...

Dear Ale,
I like the fact you applied you PLE map to volleyball.
Scientists state that people who do sport learn better..I don't know if its true but I think that sports help to remain active and flexible even in mind!

Keep moving!!:-)
see you Elena

alex said...

Hi Ale!

I think that the best way to learn is to do the things you like-e.g.playing volleyball-in order to feel satisfied. Even though sometimes it might be difficult!

cheers,
alex

Anonymous said...

I love aleteso.blogspot.com! Here I always find a lot of helpful information for myself. Thanks you for your work.
Webmaster of http://loveepicentre.com and http://movieszone.eu
Best regards

Anonymous said...

An external thrombosed hemorrhoid generally develops over time.
And sometimes if the hemorrhoid is already severe
bleeding occurs. You simply cannot live a quality
lifestyle if you are suffering from External hemorrhoids.


Also visit my webpage best treatment for postpartum hemorrhoids