Thursday, March 29, 2007

Bloglines

During the last class with Sarah, I discovered how she can control when we write new posts in our blogs without going crazy. It is a new (for me!) way of surfing the net and checking new information from your favourite websites and blogs: the aggregators such as Bloglines!

An aggregator is a programme (a software or an online resource) which collects all the updates from those sites you subriscrived to and presents them in a list to make it easy for you to check your favourite sources.

After having registered in Bloglines, you can add all the syndication feeds of the websites you click most frequently (if they offer you this possibility!), and organize them into playlists, to make your life even simplier!

I think it is a very useful resource to waste less time in front of the pc, so that every website should have feeds to help their affectionate visitors, giving them the possibility of creating a unique information space or, as Wikipedia states, a "personal newspaper."

4 comments:

Alessandra said...

"A personal newspaper"... nice image! It's true, when surfing the Net it's so easy to get distracted and waste half an hour, especially with ADSL... I'm using Bloglines at home now and I like it a lot.

See you in class,
Alessandra

Alida said...

Dear Alessandra,
I chose to add a comment on your post and on Martina's one because they are the easiest to read.
I really appreciate what is simple and clear. In addition you always include something personal on what you write that makes your posts really interesting and funny!
Nice photo!
Have a nice weekend
Alida

Elena said...

I like the "personal newspaper" definition too! I feel like the Big Brother, which is different, but I like that you gave a similarity to this new experience.
Elena

avalonne83 said...

Hi Alessandra,

I really like your post: it is clear and easy to read; however, as Alida pointed out, you always write something about your personal experience. I think it's nice to know what you really think about these tools...

I agree with the "personal newspaper" definition, too. Yes, Bloglines enables you really to save time while looking for updated information.

Cheers,
tina